A popular computer hard drive cleaner and optimization tool
- Category General
- Program license Free
- Version v1.17.67
- Size 5 MB
- Works under: Android
- Also available for Windows
- Program available in English
- Content rating Everyone
- Package name com.piriform.ccleaner
Piriform Software Ltd One Euston Square 40 Melton Street London NW1 2FD United Kingdom
CCleaner is an easy-to-use speed booster and performance optimizer for all your Android devices.
Are you always tempted to just factory reset your phone to speed it up? Are you sick of constantly closing apps in the background, running out of space, and browsers that move so slowly that you want to scream? CCleaner can help!
CCleaner is the easy way to clean your phone of unwanted installation files, programs, downloads and more! There’s also an included scheduler app that lets you clean your phone daily, weekly, or monthly while you sleep, so you never have to remember to clean your phone.
One of our favorite features of this is app is the ability to analyze how you’re using your storage (do you really need that many MP3s?!), see background processes, and identify problems so you can shut them down and improve performance.
It’s important to note that this is the free version of CCleaner; most users report no real functional difference between the paid and free app, however.
- Clean, Secure, and Optimize Your Phone With a few swipes you can get rid of unwanted programs from running the background, make your phone more secure, and speed things up.
- Analyze Storage Usage, Processes, and More Included analysis tools allow you to see graphic representations of how you’re using your storage, what kinds of processes are running and help you make your phone run better.
- Set It and Forget it with Scheduler Schedule daily, weekly, or even monthly cleanings and never worry about performance again.
- Not Always Clear Program doesn’t explain difference between “Cleaning” and “Wiping”; cleaning is an optimization function, while wipe is deletion.
- New Storage Analyzer.
- Improved SD Card detection.
- Optimized scheduled cleaning (CCleaner Pro for Android only).
- Updated various translations.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_CALL_LOG: Allows an application to read the user's call log.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- READ_SMS: Allows an application to read SMS messages.
- WRITE_CALL_LOG: Allows an application to write (but not read) the user's call log data.
- WRITE_CONTACTS: Allows an application to write the user's contacts data.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- BLUETOOTH: Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- CLEAR_APP_CACHE: Allows an application to clear the caches of all installed applications on the device.
- GET_PACKAGE_SIZE: Allows an application to find out the space used by any package.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES: Allows an application to call killBackgroundProcesses(String).
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.